Freedom means overcoming Obstacles, Forgiving and staying Present
I once heard this quote, “The past is history, the future is a mystery but this moment is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” I do not know who said these words, but they have stuck with me. As I continue growing as someone who has transformed her life from difficult circumstances to a healthy living, these words serve as an inspiration to stay focused in the present.
Obstacles, challenges, problems, whatever you are inclined to call those events that occur in life that test our patience our strength and our inner fortitude, they are meant to be overcome. We either rise above our obstacles or become subservient to them. By not addressing our obstacles what typically happens is manifestations of illness, complaining, living like a victim, and various other types of suffering.
When we become consciously aware that our obstacles can be overcome we can start taking actions in the here and now that relieve our sufferings. We begin to see obstacles as opportunities to transform our attitudes, beliefs and ultimately our lives.
I have overcome physical illness and psychological abuse. I did it moment by moment, one thought and action at a time. I now love helping others address their challenges and transform their lives from dark despair to the light of healthy living and success.
I came up with 10 Powerful Steps to Transformation that I used to transform my life. I now offer them to you to practice on a daily basis. Take one at a time and begin your journey to joyful living.
- Let go of the past to focus your energy in the now, and give yourself and others the gift of forgiveness. This is the greatest act of courage, and the sweetest present you can give to yourself for your freedom and success.
- Drop assumptions – to avoid anger, resentment, disharmony and unnecessary stress.
- Surround yourself with positive people, not those who drain your energy and leave you feeling negative and in despair.
- Enjoy positive and healthy thinking and behaviors that build an optimum subconscious program in your brain. Practice thoughts that make you feel good about yourself and others.
- Change your internal world to manifest the changes in your outer world. Take full responsibility for your life and enjoy good mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health, and don ́t blame others for your negative experiences.
- Start to love and value yourself and think of yourself as an asset. Focus on your strengths, and develop the aspects of patience, faith, and perseverance. These will take you to where you want to go.
- Trust the intuition and divine guidance that lies within you. What others think or say about you or your capabilities is only their consciousness perception and not your ultimate truth.
- Believe in yourself. Every experience you have in your life is a great opportunity for you to become more self-aware. You have the potential to do and become anything you want in your life, and no matter what it takes, believe that you can do it.
- Practice meditation and experience different dimensions in consciousness until you reach the sense of nothingness or “Ritam” Your ultimate Truth. This will bring clarity, and increase your power of intuition. As you raise your awareness, you will release limiting beliefs and subconscious resistance to change, so take full charge of your own destiny and start living your life to 100%.
- Finally, spend time in the company of empowering mentors, learn from them, taking charge of your own life, awakening the inner power in yourself to be and live the change.
Written by Kanta Motwani