Weld the Escape Hatches Closed – 6 Steps to Success in Any Area of Your Life
I find it absolutely amazing how many people I talk to who focus on failure. They get this great big idea and then they “what if I fail” themselves to death. If you haven’t figured it out yet, let me make it super clear for you ‐ YOU GET WHAT YOU FOCUS ON. When you focus on failure (or the possibility of failure), you are planning on it. When you believe that you will be successful in an endeavor – whatever it might be ‐ and completely ignore the possibility of failure then you will succeed. I call it welding the escape hatches closed.
You see, if you are going after something big you will inevitably come to a point where you are scared to death and you’ll want to quit – you can’t help it. If you’ve never done something before, then fear, doubt and worry are going to creep into your mind just as surely as I am typing on this keyboard right now. If you have an escape hatch – a safety net, call it what you will – you will take it. If you weld the escape hatch closed, you have no other choice but to press on. If you give yourself a back‐up plan, that
becomes the plan. You know what I’m talking about, right? “If my business goes under, I can always get a job… If I don’t like college, I can always go home… If my marriage doesn’t work out, then I can always get a divorce…” Your THOUGHTS become THINGS!!!!
Success – in any endeavor ‐ requires a new way of thinking! Let’s look at 6 steps you must master in order to be successful – in anything.
- Focus On What You Want: There is a natural law that says that whatever you focus your attention on you will attract more of – good or bad. Focus on what you want and you will magnetize it to you. Focus on what you don’t want and, likewise, you will pull it right into your reality!
- Surround Yourself With Successful People: Find people who have achieved what you want to achieve and hang out with them. You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Take an honest look at who you associate with the most. What do you talk about? Do you mastermind amazing possibilities for your lives or do you have a weekly gripe session, focusing on everything that is wrong in your lives? Dare to empower yourself by surrounding yourself with successful people. If you’re looking to be a better parent, find great parents to ask questions of. If you’re looking to create a bigger bank account, find a successful entrepreneur to seek advice from. If you are looking to grow your business, find a successful business person to mastermind with.
- Act As If: Be the leader! Be the person you desire to be first. Act like the person who already possesses what you want.
- Forever a Student: Always be open to learning new things. There is always more to learn – no matter how much of an expert we may be on a particular subject. Not only do we require new knowledge in our professions, but learning stuff is fun! Take a class and meet new like‐minded people. You never know what new information might take your business or your life to a new level.
- Have an “Attitude of Gratitude”: All successful people understand the power of gratitude. If you aren’t thankful for what you have right now, then how can you expect to create something even greater? Be grateful for all the wonderful things in your life today.
- Live With Intention: Get clear about what you want in life – what makes your heart sing… your PURPOSE! Then declare it with intention. FEEL IT! Then go after it with everything you have in you.